In the 1920s, the company’s proximity to Bauhaus in Dessau proved to be a lucky coincidence.
The Bauhaus community wanted to collaborate with the industry, and L&C Arnold in Stendal proved to be a partner who was equally keen to experiment. This led to visionary ideas, the joint production of prototypes, and successful competitive contributions.
1927 L&C shows a first cantilever chair designed by Mart Stam at the Werkbundausstellung in Stuttgart.
In 1930 in Stendal, the serial production of chrome-plated tubular steel furniture for the interior started.
Various further Bauhaus designs are realised, among these 36 drafts by Marcel Breuer exclusively produced by L&C. 1936 the company gains international popularity through the equipment of the Hindenburg zeppelin
with very light aluminium cantilever chairs and tables. 1945 the production site becomes public property and continues to produces tubular steel furniture for public and private areas as STIMA.
After the German reunification the company is reintegrated in the parent company.
In the 1990s in-house Bauhaus classics are reproduced and among other things are used for the historic Bauhaus Mensa in Dessau.
During the following years re-designs from the 1950s as well as new designs complement L&C stendal’s portfolio.